Song List will not burn to CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Song List will not burn to CD

I have transferred my PlayList to the CD Burner window; and, I just attempted to Burn my first CD, using DC 7.5. The CD Burner ran for about an hour; I set it to Burn at 16X, because I found a slower burn is more reliable. I had 24 tracks, that was a little under the 80 Min. maximum.

I thought it would be better to Burn the CD, and import it to my other Audio Library, to take advantage of the 2 Second spacing.

I have the DVDR PX-760A PLEXTOR machine, and I'm using Windows "Vista Ultimata" 32-bit, Service Pak 2, and the Ty Uniden blank CD's.

Does anyone have any input, as to why I can't get the program to burn my CD?

You may be too close to the 80 minute maximum capability of the CD ROM. Eliminate one track and re-try it. Also, to speed things up, turn jitter correction off.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

I figured it out; I set the CD to Burn at 16X, and the system somehow set it to 2.2X. I re-set it to 16X, and the system set it to 4.0X.

I tried it again at 16X, and it worked.

Is there a glitch in the program?

Comment

Hi,

Not sure - - - I have not seen that but then again, I never adjust that parameter. It is the same setting on my system as it was last January.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

If I remember correctly, the burn speed when I installed the program was initially set to the fastest burning speed.

I always burn at a lower speed (16X), because I seem to get better burns.

In order to do this, I have to select the burn speed in the drop-down window.

When I initially did this, the program reverted to 2.0X several times; this is when the burner ran for almost an hour. I understand the long burning time at 2.0X; what I don't understand is: "Why did my initial selection (16X) revert to 2.0X". When I tried changing it back to 16X, then the program reverted to 4.0X.

Now it seems to be working okay at 16X. Maybe it was just a fluke; but I thought you might be interested, in case someone else runs into this problem.

Comment

Hey Ringmaster,
            is it possible that you had "enable optimal power calibration" checked under the burning options window where you set the maximum write speed? That would alter your selection automatically and most likely to a slower speed than you selected.
            Last edited by Doug; 11-24-2009, 06:20 AM.
            At work I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy

Comment

Doug,

Yes, I did have the optimal power button active. I unchecked the box; I think this will solve my problem. Well....(at least one of them).

Now, you've got me wondering; What does the "Optimal Power Calibration" setting do....

Comment

Working...
              X