Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Processing Info

Hello,

Couple of questions with the Batch Processing.

1. What do the black arrows in the bottom right of the window do ?

2. It seems that there is a limit to the number of files that I can load in for "Batching". What is the number ?

I found the file limit when I tried to select a large number of files in a folder and put them in the area for files.

Regards,
    Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-19-2019, 09:10 PM.

Marc
    The black arrows move the selected file up or down in the list of files. This is for changing the order of processing in the list. Most times processing order is not important, but just in case...

There is not a hard limit on the number of files in the batch itself. There is a limit to the number of files you can add at one time using the file selection box. And that limit is based on the total size of all of the selected files, including their full paths. Meaning that you can select more files if you have them at the root than if you have them 7 leves deep.
    It is currently set at 2048 characters. So that may be as little at 10 files if you have patchs of 200 characters, or lots.

I guess you are running into limitations with that. I wil make it much bigger in DC8
    Rick

Comment

Thanks for the info Rick. Indeed, I have a number of descriptions in the path to the file...hence the limit on the number of files I could enter.

The batch processing is a good feature. As I learn more and more about the use of the filters, I tend to keep "going back" and re-doing my previous work.
      It's just part of the engineering sickness I guess....Always wanting to improve the result.

Regards,
      Marc

Comment

Working...
      X