Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Speed Entry

Group,

The "speed change" option in the effects menu disappeared from my DC7 software. I still have the ICON in the toolbar and it still works.

I was using the batch process to change the speed of some Diamond Discs from 78-80. After the batch process finished, the speed change in the effects pull down menu seemed to disappear.

I tried a re-start of DC7 and the menu option is still missing....

Help!

Regards,
    Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-12-2019, 11:44 AM.

What!!!!

Am I seeing things ? After some time using filter's, etc.....the change speed item in the drop down effects menu came back!

Been drinking coffee today only...really.

If I see a pattern, I'll let you know.

Regards,
    Marc

Comment

Answer Found

Group,

O.K. If you do not have a file opened, then the change speed option does not show up on the effects drop down menu. When a file is opened, then the change speed option is shown in the drop down effects menu.

If that's the way that the code was written, then that's O.K., but I would suggest a note in the help menu to that effect.

Regards,
      Marc

Comment

h Marc -

I think there are several filters/effects that aren't there unless you have a file open. It throws me every now and then also, but it makes sense.

Click on the edit menu and you'll see a lot of stuff missing when no file is opened.

Dan
        Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan,

I can understand the missing effects in that in order to DO Something you need "something"......

I would suggest a general note in the help menu about the "missing" effects coming to life with a file could help.

Regards,
          Marc

Comment

I added that to the DC8 and the Live/Forensics v.8 helpfile under the Edit menu description.
            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

It works the opposite sometimes too. If there is no file opened the Record function is available via the drop-down. However, if a file is opened, this option is not present in the drop-down, even though it's still available in the toolbar.

Comment

Working...
              X