Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 questions regarding authorization & compatibility

Hello all -

Been a long time since I posted anything to this forum, but a couple of issues have come up where I would like appreciate some guidance...

1. My main desktop recently crashed. I had backed up my files including my DC/ART programs (v 6.14 and 7). However, when I reinstalled the 7 version it requested registration or a serial number identification. I don't remember this being required when I initially loaded the software Is it possible to research your files at DC/ART and find my registration or is there another approach to reinitialize my package?

Note: My private e-mail is willem.anderson@comcast.net so as not to 'socialize' the registration data...

2. Many new computers are now using the Windows 7 operating system. Is 6.0 and 7.0 products compatible with this OS? ( I remember some concerns when the Vista OS was introduced a while back...)

Thanks for your help

- Bill

Hi Bill,

You serial number is located behind the install disc at the back of the users guide. You have to remove the disc to view it. You will also need to know exactly what user name that you used for yourself when you installed the software. With that information, and the internet, it should automatically re-resgister the program.

I have heard of no incompatability problems between DC7 and Windows 7. On the other hand, I do not think that DC6 will be compatible.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks Craig -

If I can find my original disc I will enter the data. I found the version 6 disc, but version 7 appears to be MIA...

Thanks also for the Windows 7 data. I will use DC/ART 6 on my XP laptop for some projects, then move the files to the new desktop as needed (thank goodness for hot swappable USB hard drives! )

Looking forward to DC/ART 8!

- Bill

Comment

Hi Bill,

Let us know if you do not find the users guide for DC7 and we probably can find your serial code in the archive. As for DC6 and XP, I think that they work together, so you should be in good shape. But, you are licensed to install two copies of either of those programs on the same machine, so why not just install DC7 on both?

Just a thought.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X