DC7 has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC7 has stopped working

Recorded a vinyl yesterday. Today when trying to edit any of the files, DC7 decides it is time to go home - msg 'DC7 has stopped working' + opitons to go online, stop now.

Using Windows 7.

Any ideas? thanks.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-11-2019, 08:35 PM.

Hi,

Not sure what happened, but it sounds like something on your hard drive has gotten corrupted. Try uninstalling the DC7 software program and then re-installing it. If a sector on your hard drive has become defective, the above process will get around it.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks, Craig. Here is the error msg before and after re-install. The crash occurs when trying to set up the multi filter, after recording and trying to play the recording.

Kim
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kim,

And, this setup used to work ok on your machine in its present configuration?

Craig

Comment

Kim,

Here are some more questions - - -

I do not understand the direct relationship between recording and then playing a file and the Multifilter. Can you explain that with a bit more detail. Also, is there a certain Multifilter lineup of filters that is causing the crash, or is this a general case scenario?

Thanks,

Craig

Comment

Worked a couple of days ago.

Record a vinyl. Open the file in DC7. Hit the spacebar and then the msg. appears.

also when I open the multifilter, add phono preamp filter, when live out is clicked and then live preview i get 'the live log file in incompatible with this filter'.

Comment

Hi again, Kim -

Is it possible that the soundcard setup has changed? Are the drivers in Diamond Cut pointing correctly towards your soundcard? Also, what happens if the logging function in the Multifilter is not used? Are you trying to use this in Real Time Preview (Live) mode?

Sorry for all the questions, but this one is new for me.

Craig

Comment

Now I am getting 'DirectSound error:the specified wave format is not supported'.

Am trying to follow Curtis' dvd on recording using the filters such as phone preamp, ez impulse and others. My understanding is to click Log Output, give the file a name and then click Live Preview.

Here are some clips showing input/output devices. Am using the primary sound capture driver for input device.

Thanks.

Kim
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Well, I am not sure what Curtis has in mind, but I think that you do not want to use the Primary Sound Driver, but rather the one for your soundcard.

Next, I guess I do not understand your process. Generally, one records a record, and then cleans it up after the fact. Are you trying to clean up the record as it is being transferred? I think a problem could be that if there are a lot of clicks to be fixed and you are trying to do it in real time, the computer could fall behind and no longer operate in real time when using any of the impulse filters. It actually depends on the density of the clicks as to whether a given CPU will be able to keep up in real time.

Have you tried doing your restorations non-real time and how does that work?

Craig
                  Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-11-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Thanks, Craig,

Changed input to my sound card and get the same message -specified wave format not supported.

I have recorded both ways since getting the 'All Access Audio Training' dvd and both have worked. But not the last week more or less. Right now after recording either way it doesn't play.

Kim

Comment

Kim,

Just so that I have it absolutely clear in my mind - - - you are saying that these things used to all work as you have described here.

And then -

One day they stopped working and you had not changed any hardware or software on your computer.

Is that correct or incorrect? Understanding this is an important clue as to what is going on.

Craig
                      Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-11-2019, 08:32 PM.

Comment

It might have been the addition/change to OS7 (windows) which I changed to a couple of months ago. But I don't think so. Can't remember the chronology.

Yes, DC7 has been doing all it is/was supposed to do. Got back into it this last week, and then fall down, go boom.

Comment

Hi Kim,

Does the system do anything at all? Does it record a file using the recorder? Can it process a file through a filter, one filter at a time? Or is it totally broken? Give me a few more hints as to what it does do (if anything).

Craig

Comment

It will record. Then when trying to use a filter/any filter the msg dc7 is not responding. If trying to play the msg 'DirectSound error:the specified wave format is not supported'.

And that is about where I am.

Thanks for all your help, Craig.

Kim

Comment

Hi -

If you goto the edit/preferences/soundcard menu in Diamond Cut and change the sound card drivers from whatever they are set to to the other type (in other words, if set for WDM, change to MME or visa versa) does that change things? Is the soundcard Input and Output device pointing to the correct sound card in your system?

Please advise.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X