Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previews Don't work for Direct X Plugins.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previews Don't work for Direct X Plugins.

I'm trying to get the previews function to work with the xxxxxxxx Direct X Noise Reduction Plug Ins. I only get noise. I've tried increasing the number of buffers to 50, but it doesn't help. It a fairly new machine, 2.8 GHz ( Windows XP) so I wouldn't think that it's a performance issue.
    The native previews are fine.
    Any ideas?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM.

Hi,

We have not heard of any problems with plug-ins into DC7. Is it possible that there is a problem with the plug-in itself? It would seem (by the name) that it is a very old plug-in.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-27-2010, 06:46 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Problem Solved

This plug in was originally developed by the xxxxx people and that business was bought later by xxxx. It was available in 2005 from xxxxx. I suspect they are out of that business also. It has a terrific crackle removal function, something I have yet to duplicate using more recent products. I used it with the also old xxxxxx. It worked very well at any sampling rates.
      I did some experiments and the problem I had with DC7 was related to the high sampling rate (96 KHz, 32b) I had used to record the source material. When I converted to 44.1, KHz 16b the plugin worked fine with DC7.
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-01-2010, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Two things - - - one is a rule. It is not permissible to mention competitors on this venue.

Secondly, I think that you will find that the crackle removal with DC7 is exceptional, especially if you use the EZ impulse filter and properly adjust the Narrow Crackle filter. Also, I would recommend that you use 96 kHz and 24 bit files, since there really is no practical or realizable 32 bit audio file; it is just a format, but not a mathematical reality in terms of the A/D conversion process. 32 bits would imply a S/N of 192 dB which is impossible to achieve based on the Kelvin Noise floor of signals having a bandwidth of 20 kHz. As a matter of fact, it is nearly impossible to achieve 24 bits in practice which is 144 dB of dynamic range. The practical limit is around 100 dB which is roughly 16 or 17 bits.

Thanks,

Craig

ps - We can not guarantee that any given plug-in will work with our software since we do not control the architecture of the plug-in.
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-01-2010, 03:17 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X