DC Live Training Videos(a request).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Live Training Videos(a request).

Hello. As my moniker suggests, I am interested in getting into the forensic profession. Unfortunately, I have been hard pressed to find very much public info on audio forensics, in particular, training. I am using the demo version of DC Live(although my time is almost over) and I have been watching the "Advabced Forensics Concepts" video and I found the chapter on the Spectrogram Editor to be very informative.

My suggestion/request is this: Since I am not a "professional" YET, I am not able to attend any of the training sessions that are offered (due to a variety of issues)and my suspicion is that there are probably a lot of folks who are in a similar psosition,it would really be great if videos of the training seminars would be offered for sale. I understand that being there is the best option,but videos would be a nice alternative. I have not purchased the "Continuous Noise Filter" video yet, but I will.However, there are many other filters in DC Live that I would like to have some more insight on there functions: Adaptive Filter,Polynomial Filter,DSS Filter, and I could watch hours of video relating to the Spectrogram editor.Especially with regards to voice identification.

Are there any plans for such videos? I hope so.

Thanks again,

forensicwannabe.

Hi -

I am passing your request onto our Marketing / Training department for their comments. Let's see what they think about it. I do know that part of the training involves a lab with interaction by the instructor with the students on their specific files, etc. I do not know how conducive that portion of the program is to video, but we shall see.

Craig,

btw - I am not sure where you are from and what limitations that you have, but there is a seminar coming soon in New York.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

Actually the interactive part is one of the bits that would be nice to include in the videos. It would be helpful to hear how others have tackled a certain issue. Perhaps just highlight 2-3 cases from attendees and have the attendee explain THEIR process.

As for my limitations.....well....scheduling. Along with my studio/composition work, I also play 4-5 nights a week.So maybe IF you scheduled a seminar from Sun-Tues, I might be able to attend. However,since I would have played (and done a load out)the Saturday night before, I would probably be REAL tired!

I live between Austin and Houston Tx.

Thanks for the replies.

forensicwannabe

Comment

Hi,

I have passed this on to the Training group and have not yet heard a reply from them about it.

As for your locale, we have done two training seminars in Texas with one of them being in Houston. Maybe there will be another one down there soon. The Houston police department has quite a few copies of Live/Forensics Audio Laboratory v 7.5 running presently.

Here is another idea - - - the DC8 Users Guide includes everything for the DC8 Forensics version (which is yet to be released). Thus, it includes all the 7.5 version as well as all the new stuff.

If you do not want to purchase the software, but just want to learn, consider purchasing just the Users Manual - - - it has about 550 pages of information which may be very helpful in your understanding of the Forensics field. We are located at www.diamondcut.com or our tel number is 973-316-9111.

I am not positive, but I think that we sell the Users Guide as a stand alone item on our website - - - if I am wrong, you can purchase it directly from us. Just give us a call.

We are located at www.diamondcut.com or our tel number is 973-316-9111.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X