Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help! Desperate forensic assistance needed

Hi,

I have become tied up with some very nasty people & need some foresnsic work done ASAP.

I am desperate for help.

The first to make the link provided intelligibile can expect payment (paypal etc) at a provided address soon.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The issue is in the hands of the appropriate people, but they don't seem concerned in protecting me.

Any help would be fantastic!

(please rehost on sendspace in response)

Thank-you!

I realize this is an unusual request here but it is the weekend
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-15-2010, 08:26 PM.

Is this real?

What type of file is this?
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Dan McDonald View Post
      Is this real?

Yeah, without some details, etc. the original post is akin to "talking to a brick wall"....

Comment

Originally posted by Dan McDonald View Post
        Is this real?

Hi,

Yes, this is real.

It is trimmed from a recording that is approximatively 1 hour in length, recorded in .wma format with a voice recorder & external mic.

I don't know what details I can provide. I know there are many professional outfits aimed at this kind of work, but I am on limited outcome & will not have the requisite funds for a commercial restoration of the *whole* file for a few weeks.

I was hoping the short length of the file (1 minute) would mean a low restoration quote but so far there seem to be minimum retainers (ie a minimum period of work, at least from the quote I've recieved so far)?

In the meantime, I am fearful for my safety.

I will try to answer any questions.

Comment

Hi Brettanw -

We had deleted your posting because of expressed forum users private message concerns about the potential of malware present on the file posting site. We decided to err on the side of caution and deleted the posting.

On further thought, we restored it but edited out the link. What I would recommend that you do is to solicit via PM (Private Messaging) any interest in this and thus, you can work out the details of file transfer between you and any interested party outside of this public forum.

Please understand that we do not want to risk anyones computer becomming compromised because of a potentially compromised link on this forum.

Craig
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X