M-audio Fast Track Pro issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-audio Fast Track Pro issue

I've been using DC7 with the above USB soundcard. I just noticed new software for the soundcard which solves the User Account conflict (TBIA) issue on Vista (SP II) machines, so I installed it. Now, I can't get audio into the record side of DC7 though it plays back fine through the card. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Hi,

It sounds like a classic that those of us in the software industry experience - - - sometimes we fix one bug and create another or even more. Hopefully, they will ultimately post another driver for their USB soundcard - - - just report the problem and see what happens.

Craig

ps - if you switch the soundcard driver in the Diamond Cut preferences to MME rather than WDM, does it work?
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig - Is there any chance I've missed a setting somewhere that would make this work? I sure hope so because I'm not sure I can retrieve the old software. BTW, I did try the MME setting and got no audio.

Thanks for any thoughts from the forum.

Comment

Hi,

What I would try to do next is to switch the Diamond Cut software over to the internal motherboard soudcard chip set and see if that works ok. That would assure me that everything else is ok in my system. Another thing - - - doesn't Tracer sell this model soundcard? If so, I would give them a call and see if they are aware of any issues and workarounds.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-10-2011, 11:28 AM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X