Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to include artist and title when songs are uploaded to an IPOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to include artist and title when songs are uploaded to an IPOD?

When saving a .wav file, how do I include the artist so that when I upload to my IPOD the artist and title are included.

I think you'd have to use a tag editor after the files have been saved. I've most often done that with MP3s, though, not WAVs. WAV files will take up a lot more room on your Ipod. Are you sure you don't want to make AAC or MP3 versions of the songs/albums for your Ipod?
    Last edited by cromag; 08-16-2011, 11:41 PM. Reason: Grammar, etc.

Comment

Generally speaking, most people (including myself) that want high quality files to listen on their iPods use Apple's ALAC format. It's basically Apple's version of FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec). Natively, iPods and iTunes don't support FLAC.

Those codecs usually are preferred because they can be tagged (Artist, Title etc.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought regular .wav files couldn't be tagged.

EDIT: ^^ I think they have the capability to be tagged, but iTunes or similar programs can't read the information.
      Last edited by ; 08-17-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Hi,

I do not know if i-pods support the broadcast wav format, but Diamond Cut DC8 and Forensics8 do and so you can put that information into the header. The question is whether or not the i-pod has the capability to decode that.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

At least on my iPods, they are not able to decode any header information (tags) within .wav files.

I found a long time ago, if you want to play with Apple products, you have to play by their rules....meaning if you want tag information to be displayed in iTunes or on your iPod, you'll have to use a format they support. If you want a high quality audio file (s) I would suggest either using .AIFF or .ALAC, both which support tagging in the Apple evironment. Any good tag editor will be able to assist you in populating the tags.

Comment

Hi,

I note that Diamond Cut does support saving as AIFF; not sure if we are playing by all the rules to make the tags work correctly, however. Maybe someone has tried it and knows - - -

Craig
            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
              Hi,

I note that Diamond Cut does support saving as AIFF; not sure if we are playing by all the rules to make the tags work correctly, however. Maybe someone has tried it and knows - - -

Craig
              Yep. As long as the file is saved as AIFF; that's all that is necessary, whether Diamond Cut populates the tags correctly or not. AIFF is a native file format in the Apple world and iTunes can correct any tags that are in that format.

Comment

Working...
              X