Using DC Forensics Lab 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DC Forensics Lab 8

I am following along with the tutorial in the manual regarding the continuous noise filter and am on page 45 of the manual.

I am to the point where the manual says, "Now, go ahead and click on Preview". When I do that I get a message to Enter an integer between 30 and 50. This message is not mentioned in the manual so I am not sure just what to do.

Please explain,

Henry
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-25-2019, 06:28 PM.

Hi,

I am not sure, but it might be the Overlap adjustment. Please set it for 50% and see if that fixes it.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
      Hi,

I am not sure, but it might be the Overlap adjustment. Please set it for 50% and see if that fixes it.

Craig
      This old thread was the only relevant information I found via searching. I have the same problem when using the CNF in DC8 version 8.11 on a file that I'm working on. There is no Overlap adjustment to modify and I have tried modifying other variables to no avail. I can sample noise, but when I try to preview or modify one of the check boxes I get the message above and can't proceed any further.

I can send you any other relevant information that you deem helpful.

Thanks,
      Bill

BTW I can't seem to log into this Forum using Firefox 18.0.2 and must use Internet Explorer.

Comment

Hi,

I think that the latest version of DC8 is version 8.15. Please un-install what you have and re-install the demo version from our website located at www.diamondcut.com. Your registry information will persist.

We have fixed the Overlap control internally at 50 percent.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 11-20-2013, 11:01 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thank you.

The latest version works fine.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X