Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group,

The main page shows a new upgrade..DC 8.13

Is the link for 8.13 the same as the link for 8.10 ?

Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-29-2019, 01:35 PM.

I just received this email from Rick about DC8.13:

-------------------------------

Hi

I just posted version 8.13 of dc8. This should fix the occasional registration problem that a few folks have had, it also has the correct preset install path. Here is the link to the EA version

http://www.diamondcut.com/Downloads/DC8Setup813EA.msi

Rick Carlson

Diamond Cut Production, Inc

http://www.diamondcut.com
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

O.K.....I'll take it for a test spin today. Thanks

Marc

Comment

O.K., I tried out DC 8.13.

To me , it seems to work faster than 8.03 on batch jobs.

One question though...when you are adding files in the batch editor and going back to a folder with different files by artist, the "back" and "Forward" arrows in the Windows box ( Top left) are grayed out and do not let you move to another folder. You CAN move to another folder by "left mouse" clicking in the file path at the top of the window.

Is there a way to make the windows arrows , back & forth work within the batch editor ? I've gotten use to using them within windows applications.

DC 8.03 used a "older"style of folder locations when you are adding files. I like the snazzy look to the DC 8.13 folder/file adding window, but the arrows do not work.

Marc

Comment

Group,

Has anyone else seen this same problem ? Maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Marc

Comment

Hi,

Did the arrows work in 8.03? I forget. Or is this a new behaviour?

Craig

Comment

Craig,

DC 8.03 did not have the same "window" for adding files as DC8.13 does in the batch editor. I like the look of the new "window" on DC 8.13, but the back and forward arrows do not always work in this batch editor "window".

Marc

Comment

Marc,

I am not running the same o/s as you are, so I can not exactly discern what this is. Despite the new window look, did 8.03 have any back and forward arrows in the batch editor? I do not recall.

Craig

Comment

Mark
                  Those arrows are for taking you back to where you were as you are navigating the dialogs. Same as the ones on a web browser. They do work for me if you traverse some diretories when in the open file dialog. They are not general navigation buttons for going up or down a directory structure.
                  Rick

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for the reply. What I think you said is that the arrows differ slightly from the Windows 7 "type" within there folders.

I'll just use them in a different way then.

Marc

Comment

What means "EA" version?
                      and what is "DC" version?

Jos
                      Jos Van Dyck

Comment

The only difference is in the web links used for purchasing/upgrading/support. We have some distributors that want customized links.
                        Rick

Comment

Working...
                        X