Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Maier
    replied
    The CD burner internal limits have been removed. So, if your disc can accept 90 minutes of red book audio, it will take it. One warning, however, if you have a disc that can only accept 70 minutes of audio and you try to burn 90 minutes, you will get a non-usable result, because the system will have attempted to burn past the outer circumference of the disc. That means that the disc will not play at all; it will become a "coaster". At an earlier incarnation of the CD Burner system, we limited the data to the red book standard which I think was 74 or 75 minutes. That limit is no longer in play.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• murray
    replied
    HI TO ALL. most burn programs ask you to decide what size disc your using ...70 min....80 min..... was this string in DC ????.

Leave a comment:

• Craig Maier
    replied
    Hi,

I vaguely remember that - I do not think it is a bug - it is intentional as I recall. It is just trying to be sure that the user has the proper blank in the writer for playlists greater than 70 minutes.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Marc Hildebrant
    started a topic Bug In CD Burner ??

Bug In CD Burner ??

Group,

I have been using 80 Minute writeable CD's for "burning" in various software programs with no trouble. I noticed something with the DC Burn program that's different and maybe a "bug".

When I have a playlist longer than 70 minutes, the DC CD burn program tells me that there is a potential program because the music takes up more space than the CD has. But, the playlist is NOT longer than 80 minutes and when I burn anyway, the songs get burned correctly.

Have others seen this, or am I doing something wrong.

My goal is to use the Diamond Cut Software from music restoration to library to playlist to CD.

Marc
    Last edited by Marc Hildebrant; 05-08-2012, 04:41 PM.
Working...
X