Ultimate tape recorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate tape recorders

I found this web page and thought some one may have just hit the lottery and might be looking for more toys.
    link http://www.tapeproject.com/
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 10-14-2019, 11:15 AM.

Hi Walter,

Pretty funny - - - I needed a good laugh! Something about P.T. Barnum comes to my mind - - - what was it that he said?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Is that for real? It's a very basic website appearance for a company selling albums at $1800 a pop!
      At work I may look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy

Comment

Doug,

Not sure, but there are people out there that are like that. BTW - I have never met one that has an engineering, math or science degree - - - they hear all sorts of things like harmonic distortion produced by their analog magnetic tape recorders and class A tube amplifiers (usually about 10 percent THD) and think that these things present an accurate presentation of the "sound stage" and all sorts of crap like that. All that it really is - - - it's distortion. Go create a "Make Waves" sine wave (pure) at 1000 Hz in Diamond Cut. Bring up the VVA and the spectrum analyzer and look at how it messes up the original signal.

That is what these folks like.

Craig

ps - I really loved the statement made somewhere in there that their tube amplifiers used Silk Dielectric Capacitors. Obviously, that would make the music go through them and make the music more silky smooth - - - who'd of thought??
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-27-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

I just have to have one of those "silk" caps.....
          Where can I find one ?

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

There are two places you can go to get them - either the local hatter or they are right next to the Diamond-Domed Pilot Light section of your local electronics parts store. (While silk capacitors create a more silky smooth sound, Diamond-Domed Pilot lights on stereo equipment add sonic brilliance).

Craig

ps - my audio preamplifier is built into the housing of a Stratavarious Violin for a smoother sound - - - beat that!
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-28-2012, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah? my preamp is built into a bowl of Cream-Of-Wheat....can't get any smoother than that.
              "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

My favorite was the bricks on the amp, although Monster Cable was and is pretty amusing.
                My avatar is Jiminy Cricket in honor of Cliff Edwards who did the voice over. Edwards was a man whose life often did not follow the principles put forth by the cricket.

Comment

HI was jiminy crickett......a left hand or right hand batsman.....that went over the top i see....????

Comment

Working...
                  X