turntable weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turntable weight

Has anyone used a turntable weight or clamp while recording an l.p or 45. If so is there any benefit by using such a thing?

I'm not familiar with the device. Is it a way to force the record to be flat ?

Marc

Comment

Hello Mark, From what I have read it improves the sound of the music played. If you have 5 minutes to spare have a look at the soundfountain site this will explain all

Comment

Hello Folks, I have made a weight and tried it out on Beethoven Moonlight sonata, it seems to brighten the music quite a bit there is not so much noise from the record as there was before using the weight. It weighs in at about 350 foriegn things ans is solid alluminium. can someone else try it

Comment

dodgyrog,

Can you post a picture of the weight ?

Marc

Comment

Hello Mark, If you look on http://www.soundfountain.com you will find a diagram with all the measurements required. more about the mechanics of record players and setting up the same. A man called Rudolf A Bruil edits the site and it has loads of interesting items on it. go on, have a look. dodgyrog,

Comment

Dodgyrog,

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Marc

Comment

I looked at the information about the turntable weight. It looks like the clamping effect from the weight would help if the record wasn't flat. However, I do not know if the speed of the turntable is better or worse with the extra load placed on the motor.

Marc

Comment

See my post 6/9/12 More intresting toys.
                  "vinyl flat"

Comment

Working...
                  X