Delete All Temp Files Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete All Temp Files Question

In the DC manual for DC8 (page 118), the "Delete All Temp Files " command says that it also delete's the pkf (peak) files.
    I have always had to manually delete the pkf files when I'm done with the restoration as this command doesn't delete these files.

Is there a way to delete the pkf files automatically ?

Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-03-2020, 12:14 PM.

Hi Marc,

I thought that it was supposed to delete the .pkf file too; maybe there is a bug there?

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

I run in classic mode, if that's important.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

Guess we need to check it in both Fast Edit and Classic Edit mode. I bet that the bug relates to the difference in where files are kept which is different with Windows 7 compared to the earlier versions of the O/S, but I am just guessing right now.

Craig

Comment

Craig,

The peak files are always in the same location as the wav files. The temp files are in the location that is shown in the "preferences" section.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

I guess it is deleting the .wav files properly?

Craig

Comment

Yes, The temp wav files go away.

Maybe it's a question of definition. All the temp files go away, but I was refering to the many peak files that get created with the different wav files that get created when you use filters/etc.

As an example...I start with a source file and a peak file gets created. Next, I run a filter and a destination file gets created along with a peak file for the destination. Next I save the destination file.

In my folders are two wav files and two peak files. When I hit the "delete temp files", the temp files go away but the peak files from source and destination remain.

When I read that the peak files go away when you hit the delete temp files, I thought that that meant ALL peak files that you created. I guess that it's only the peak files in the temp folder that get deleted.

I guess that I read things too literal at times !

Marc

Comment

Hi,

I am not sure - - - I forget how it is supposed to work. I will ask Rick about it. He may forget too and he may have to look at the code? We'll find out.

Craig

Comment

Hi Again,

Rick is away right now, but he did respond to my question (maybe via his iphone). Here is what he said:

Craig,

They should be deleted. Of course they could be orphaned .pkf files that were there from some other crash or bug.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                  X