50 hertz interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 hertz interference

hello people, i'm having a lot of trouble with 50 hertz buzzing on my set up. I bought a pre-amp from D.C last year it worked fine for a while now you can hear the thing buzzing away to itself through the headphones. I have tried earthing it to the computer - no change - tried earthing it to the mains still no change.D.C 8 does get rid of the noise but it would be better not to have it in the first place. I also have a Magix pre-amp this is exactly the same and i am having to run the easy cleaner hum filter twice to get rid of the noise. It does work but I would like not to have the noise in the first place. any ideas please?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-29-2019, 08:39 PM.

Hi,

Since the problem is showing up on both preamplifiers, it sounds like the problem is with the turntable, cartridge, wiring or (less likely) the soundcard. Make sense?

Buzz is usually indicative of a bad grounding strap wire from the turntable. Hum is usually indicative of a ground loop.

Craig

ps - is there a light dimmer on your sound system power line or one of those small flourescent bulbs? They produce a lot of line noise.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thank's Craig, seems like the trouble was out in the street. The electric company have been playing about in the local electric sub station. they have gone so has most of the noise. thanks again Rog

Comment

Working...
      X