music & display are not in sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• music & display are not in sync

I have a .wav file of a record album that I want to break up into its constituent tracks to record on CD. I opened the file in DC8, and marked the silent places indicated on the display. But when I played the music back in DC8, the spaces showing silent on the display were full of music, and the sound of the songs ended well into the next song in the display. The result is that I have not been able to find a workable way to break the music up for burning.
    I never had this problem in DC7 (or any prior version of the software), and I cannot figure out what could be wrong. It is my understanding that the display is actually generated from the sound file itself, so I don't understand how they can end up out of sync with each other (I have tried reloading the file several times, but it always comes out the same). Any guidance would be appreciated.

Rick

Hi,

Is re-initialize on play checkeboxed on the soundcard tab of the DC8 user preferences? I assume that you are using WDM drivers - - - if not, switch to those in the same preferences area. The soundcard preferences area if found under Edit/Preferences/Soundcard.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks. I checked the re-initialize box as you suggested (I was already using the WDM drivers). It didn't have any effect on my problem, unfortunately. I tried rebooting after checking the box, but that didn't help either. Any other ideas? I find this very strange.

Rick

Comment

I tried a couple of other long .wav files with multiple tracks. One of them came up correctly synced & the other had the same problem. That seems even stranger to me.

Rick

Comment

What is the sample rate, resolution and size of these files? Also, does "rebuilding peak file" help (found under the "View" menu)?

Craig

Comment

Thanks Craig. "Rebuilding peak file" did the trick!

Rick

Comment

Hi,

Great to hear. I guess that something must have "glitched" the original file or peak file corrupting it or them. Rebuilding the peak file would re-construct the proper peak file to match the .wav file.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X