DC 8 burner won't recognize CD-R in drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC 8 burner won't recognize CD-R in drive

I am trying to burn a CD. I got all the .wav files arranged in the audio CD burning window, but the software insists there is no CD-r in the disc drive. Its not a problem with the drive (I have tried both a TDK CD burner & a Plex DVD burner) or the CD-R, because Nero Express has no trouble recognizing the same CD-R in both of these drives. Is there some setting in DC-8 that I am missing? Thanks.

Rick
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-04-2020, 10:53 AM.

I have heard that some CD Burners do not support Disc At Once (Gapless) recording, but Diamond Cut does. You can choose between that option and Track At Once which is universally supported. That might cause a problem if set for DAO when the drive does not recognize those commands. Also, is the DC burner software pointing to the correct drive? You can choose which drive which is being driven by the feature at the top of the DC Burner dialog box.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-04-2020, 10:52 AM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Sometimes the other CD sofware can interfere with DC8 recognizing the drive. For example, if I have iTunes running, it does not allow DC8 to recognize that there is a CD in there. If I shut down iTUnes, then it works.
      Rick

Comment

Can work the other way too.
        If I have DC8 open, then Windows can not see the CD in the Drive.

Not really a problem though....

Marc

Comment

Working...
        X