Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request

Hello all;

I am enjoying my new upgrade to DC8 immensely, as it seems to be doing a much better job on the records I am restoring than previous versions I've used.

I have a request, though. I REALLY like the option to hear the stuff (Keep Residue check box???) that I'm removing in the Narrow Crackle filter before I run the filter. I was hoping this feature would be added to other filters in DC8, but, alas, no dice.

Would it be possible to add this option to the other filters (namely the impulse filters) as well in future releases? I believe the Continuous Noise flilter also has it.

Thanks...

-Drew

Hi Drew,

Because of the way in which we perform the other impulse noise reduction functions, it would be very difficult to add that function to that filter. You will note that most filters do have it, but not the primary impulse filters. Our impulse algorithms are much different than other companies and not conducive to "keep residue".

Further, we have looked at what some other companies are doing in this regard. What some are providing is the replacement signal and NOT the removed signal (as with our "keep residue" mode with other filters). There is a big difference between what is being put back as to what was removed.

As a work around (and what we did when we developed the Diamond Cut system over the years) was the subtraction method done after the fact (after the process was "run"). You can do that too if you want. Just run the process and then take the original file and invert both channels using the file conversion filter. Then, paste add it using the edit function to the processed file. What will be left over is the difference between the original noise impulse and the replaced signal.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-26-2012, 04:27 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
    X