EZ Impulse, Big Click

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZ Impulse, Big Click

When I run the EZ Impulse filter, I click on the "Big Click" block, and it appears that the Big Click is set; however, when I run the filter, the Big Click, including the check block turns grey. This makes me think the Big Click is not processing. When the filter finishes it's process, the Big Click, including the check box is black again.

I seem to have Big Clicks after I run the filter. Is the Big Click experiencing a problem?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 12-14-2019, 05:51 PM.

Originally posted by Ringmaster View Post
    When I run the EZ Impulse filter, I click on the "Big Click" block, and it appears that the Big Click is set; however, when I run the filter, the Big Click, including the check block turns grey. This makes me think the Big Click is not processing. When the filter finishes it's process, the Big Click, including the check box is black again.

I seem to have Big Clicks after I run the filter. Is the Big Click experiencing a problem?
    Hi,

There is no problem as far as I am aware. At any rate, if you are usure about it, try running the Big Click Filter by itself before running the EZ Impulse filter.

There are two advantages to this:

1. It will show if there is a problem within the context of the EZ Impulse filter in terms of "Big Clicks".

2. When you run the Big Click Filter by itself, you have much more control over it since its parameters are adjustable (ratio and de-thumper checkbox).

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-05-2013, 05:08 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

Something doesn't make sense to me.

I tried running the "Big Click" filter, with the "Default" setting that include "Big Clicks" with "Dethumper"; the "Dethumper" is checked in black. When I run the filter, the "Dethumper" turns grey.

To me, when an item turns grey, it means that the selection it is not being processed.

I'm not sure how to do what you are asking me to do. I am further confused, because the "Dethumper" does not have any values (settings) to select.

Frankly, I would like the "Big Click" remain checked and Black, when I am running the EZ Impulse filter.

This set of events really confuses me; I wonder if someone else could try processing these filters for me, because I'm in an area that I really know nothing about.

Comment

Hi

I just checked both functions and they are processing. In other words, in the EZ Impulse Filter with Big Clicks Checked, it is removing big clicks. Also, when I use the Big Click filter by itself and check the de-thumper, it does de-thump the big click..

As I recall, a function that is greyed out just can not be changed during the time period that it is grey rather than black.

Craig

ps - as an aside, the de-thumper is very effective on 78s that are literally cracked and perhaps glued back together again. The Big Click part of the filter fixes the gap in the record and the de-thumber gets rid of the remaining low frequency thump due to the stylus banging upon the crack.
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 02-11-2013, 04:34 PM.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks Craig,

Years back, I did glue 78's together, and play them several times to clean out the glue, then play-back the record. I don't plan to use 78's anymore, due to the amount of stuff that I guess I'll never get around to.

I appreciate you getting into this for me; it sure had me baffled. Like you said, everything did seem to work but it conflicted with all of my logic...

Thanks Again,

John

Comment

What Craig said is correct, some of the features are greyed out when your are processing (running) the filter because you cannot change it while the filter is running. Most settings on our filters can be changed as you listen to them, but some cannot be changed while, so they are greyed out.
            Rick

Comment

Rick,

Got it! Even though this confused me, at least I know I'm not completely nuts. I imagine others on the Forum bumped into this; so, I think it was good to bring it to light.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X