Keep Residue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep Residue

Under the EZ Clean filter, when I check the "Keep Residue", does this action just let me hear the amount of Audio that is being filtered out?

I like to check it "On and Off", as I am previewing the filter. I really don't want to "Save" this data, I just like to see if my Filter is set too high.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-31-2019, 05:35 PM.

It allows you to hear continuous noises that are being removed, but it does not let you hear the impulsive noise removed (clicks, etc).

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

Will it let me hear if I am removing part of the Audio File?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

It will let you hear the continuous noises (like hum and hiss) that are being removed. It will not let you hear the impulse noise that is being removed, however.

Craig

Comment

Craig,

I'm getting a little confused.

I used to be able to hear faint music, when I used this feature. This let me know whether or not I could accept the data being removed; sometimes I have to make a sacrifice between losing a small amount of the Audio, or allow some of the very fine "Pops, Clicks, etc" to pass through.

If I have my Filters set too high, I could decide whether to allow small amounts of the music data to be deleted; or, I could go back and change my Filter settings, to accept some of the noise, that would be audible in my earphones, but inaudible when I play the file through my stereo.

I'm pretty sure that I used to use this feature to readjust my settings. to make this decision. Does this sound logical?

Am I con

Comment

Hi,

Yes, that is logical. The "Keep Residue" tool is there for just the purpose that you mentioned above. You will often hear faint music if the settings are too high on the various filters. But, "Keep Residue" will not reveal the impulses that are being removed from the material - - - just hiss, hum, and some of the music too.

Does that clarify it?

Craig

Comment

Yes,

Sometimes I have to ask a dumb question, to get my point across...

Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X