remove echo from oldtime radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove echo from oldtime radio

Hello folks, I have downloaded some old radio recordings that sound as though they have been sent down a tube. What is the best way to get rid of this effect. they really do sound as if they have a small echo in the recording. I have tried reversing the echo in the echo reverse preset but to no avail. Any ideas would be a great help.

Hi,

Hard to say. Please send me a short sample of this at dctools@aol.com so that I can make recommendations.

Thanks,

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

This is how I did it with a little direction pointing from Craig - paragraphic equaliser-1st reverse RIAA phono curve 2nd-RIAA phono curve improved 3rd- into Echo use reverse echo and bring the output mix down to about 20. it works a treat thanks Craig you were a big help.

Comment

Hi,

I am glad that it worked out for you.

Craig

Comment

Craig - what does the reverse RIAA and then add RIAA do? It seems like it would just put it back where it was.
          Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi,

What I heard sounded like a flat transfer to me - - - very hollow sounding. So, I just applied the RIAA curve to it and it sounded much better. I did not reverse the RIAA and then Re-apply it. That seems to be a mistake in the written transcription.

Craig
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-30-2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

OK - thanks. I was wondering.
              Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
              X