Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delete PKF files ?

Group,

When I'm done with my restoration of a music file, the diamond cut software has left a number of pkf files behind. Is there a way to have the software remove them automatically ?

Marc
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-25-2019, 10:36 PM.

There is a "Delete All Temp Files" command under the Edit menu. But, if the ,pkf is under a user defined directory, I do not think that will erase all of those files. I think that we leave that to users discretion in that case, but not 100 percent sure.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

Yes, the delete all temp files works but not on the pkf files. Since Diamond Cut Software is the only software that uses the files, I prefer to remove them when I'm done with a restoration. So far, the only way to do that is to manually remove them.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

Ok - so you want a function in Diamond Cut that would search the drive and eliminate all .pkfs wherever they are. We can look into that for the future, unless I am missing something that already exists that I am not aware of.

Craig

Comment

Craig,

Could be as simple as "Delete Temp Files" deletes pkf files ? Or under preferences to have that as an option ?

If a pkf file is not present, the software generates one "real fast". Also, they are always changing as you cut out noise, change amplitude, inc. So, why not remove them when you exit the program as you do for other temp files ?

Marc

Comment

Marc,

I am thinking that it could, under some circumstances, have to be two mutually exclusive functions. One would be (what we have) which is "Delete Temp Files". That one only looks in certain directories associated with Diamond Cut and gets rid of them. The other command could be "Delte .pkf Files" (I know - redundant) which searches the HD for any of them and gets rid of them.

Only one thing that I am not sure about that could be a show-stopper - - - are there any other programs that use .pkf? I do not know of any but that does not mean too much.

Craig

Comment

I just deleted 3,249 of them. I clicked on "my computer" in search box I put *.pkf Then I checked the list, they were all from DC so I just clicked on the first one and the last one in the list, and right click and selected delete.
              Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan, that is a lot of files.....

First time you deleted them ?

Marc

Comment

Yes - years of DC8 stuff...
                  Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi,

Did you know that if you use Fast Edit mode, there may be some .ses files too? .ses files hold the fast-edit file history.

Craig

Comment

There are some other programs that use .pkf. Another audio program put out by a major company in the video/audio editing area (I won't mention the name) is probably the best known. I have both of them on my computer, but I hardly ever use the other one. There are apparently a couple of other, lesser known programs as well.

Dan
                      Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
                      X