Permissions for batch file processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions for batch file processing

For a while now, whenever I do a batch process (e.g., use a filter on multiple files and put the results in a new destination directory), DC8 stops after each file is processed and says that I need to wait. If I click "OK" then it goes on and leaves that file, and starts the next file. When that file is finished it says the same thing. I have a feeling it's some sort of permission issue with Windows. Does anyone else have the same problem or know how to fix it? I find it useful to transfer the modified files to another director to avoid complex naming changes, etc.
    Dan McDonald

Dan,

Sounds like a Windows "Thing". I use the batch mode with the new files overwriting the old, so I do not have the same message or run in the mode you do.

Windows 7 ?

Marc

Comment

OK - will try to figure it out. I like to not overwrite, in case I screw something up. Yes, windows 7.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Dan,

Couple of easy things I do to avoid extra work with the batch files.

1. Make a copy of all the files for the batch work so that the originals are always available.

2. Save the Batch name so that I can always re-run it.

I have lots of extra copies of each stage of my restoration work, so that I can always return and "tweek" again (and again, and again....).

Marc

P.S. 1T Toshiba hard drive....$59 at Local Store.

Comment

Hi Marc,

That is an incredible price! Is that an internal or external (USB) drive?

Craig
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

Internal drive, i.e. SATA interface.
            When I was at a "Micro Computer Center" about 2 weeks ago, they had a large Box of drives on a pallet. $59 for 1T (Was $69). The salesman said that they had ordered the drives along with a "major" computer supplier to get a good price from the drive company.

The drives were in sealed packages and work fine. I used the drive on my "Kingwin" drive slot that comes with the audio center computer from Tracer. I just had to buy a drive at that price !

Marc

Comment

Quoting Marc,

"I just had to buy a drive at that price !"

------------------------------

Absolutely - - - especially since you do a lot of audio restoration work. That makes it real easy to back-up your important files.

Craig
              "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
              X