Speed Change - Potential bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Change - Potential bug

I can't get the speed change filter to give me the results it says it will when I use the "constant" method.

If I pull up a file (example: 16bit, 44.1 song lasting 3:41.4055)

I click on the 'constant' box to get a constant change.
    I click on the arrows on the left (the right grays out, as expected), and go to .00% on the starting pitch value. The 'resulting time' box says it will have a time of 3:41.405, so that sounds right. After running it, it goes to 3:41.4056. I know that's very close to 0, but it's apparently not 0 change. The difference gets to be quite a bit.

If I say 1.5% on pitch change, it says it will be 3:38.133. It ends up as 3:39.7598 when I run the filter.
    If I go to 5% pitch change, it says it will be 3:30.862. It ends up as 3:36.0309 after the filter is actually run.

The same things happen if I set the time. So, for example, I set it to 3:00 and click "set" it goes to 3:00.4 (which is reasonable that it needs to get something close to what I wanted). When I run the filter, though, it ends up as 3:18.9818, which is quite a distance from 3:00.

This doesn't seem to be rounding error. Am I doing something wrong?

When I do this with the Straight Line, it seems to work exactly as it should - the time matches the resulting time, whether I do it by percent change or by clicking on the time and "set."

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Hi Dan,

It does sound like a bug to me; I will ask Rick to double check it on his end. We are down the shore with limited audio capability here right now.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Dan
      Yea that looks like a bug. There will be some error due to the quantization errors but that seems excessive. Must be a bug. I will have to take a look
      Rick

Comment

Working...
      X