Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 64 hang repeatedly

Hi All,

Having some issues that others may be able to shed some light on.

Using a home-built PC with an AMD 4100 quad core processor (3.62GB) and 16GB ram (as the old one used to crash badly when running DC8 with 4GB ram)

To allow 16GB ram to be recognised by Windows, I installed Windows7 64bit

Two issues that I'm experiencing.

Anything complex (such as setting up a multifilter with more than four items) tends to reliably cause a system crash.

If you are replaying a recording and close the file, the sound will still keep running

I've found a workaround for the hang, which is to run the Windows task manager and resource monitor in the background.

Is there a fix to this or has anyone else had this problem? - irritating when you start a computer up and forget to run the task manager, only then to be met with a system hang.

Cheers,

AF
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-01-2019, 02:33 PM.

Hi,

I can not say that I have the answer, but the symptoms are vaguely familiar to someting that we saw around 10 years ago. We found that some soundcards do not initialize themselves properly when a play or preview command is issued. So, we added a feature to the preferences / soundcard tab which allows the Diamond Cut program to re-initialize the soundcard each time it is played or previewed. Try checkboxing that and see if it solves the problem.

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-01-2019, 02:33 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
      Hi,

I can not say that I have the answer, but the symptoms are vaguely familiar to someting that we say around 10 years ago. We found that some soundcards do not initialize themselves properly when a play or preview command is issued. So, we added a feature to the preferences / soundcard tab which allows the Diamond Cut program to re-initialize the soundcard each time it is played or previewed. Try checkboxing that and see if it solves the problem.

Craig
      Thanks Craig,

Will do and report back. (soundcard is an ESI Juli@)

Much appreciated.

AF

Comment

Working...
      X