Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Turn Off The "Hot Keys" ?

Group,

Sometimes, the Hot Keys stop working. For example the space bar stops playing/stopping the music and the I key will not interpolate.

Is there a master "turn off" key that my fingers hit by accident ?

Marc

Originally posted by Marc Hildebrant View Post
    Group,

Sometimes, the Hot Keys stop working. For example the space bar stops playing/stopping the music and the I key will not interpolate.

Is there a master "turn off" key that my fingers hit by accident ?

Marc
    Hi Marc,

There is no master key that would turn off all the hot keys (that I am aware of). Not sure what could do that; I have not witnessed that.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

Well, it happened a couple of times so far. It must be some of the keys in the bottom left of the keyboard.
      Maybe it's a feature with Windows 7 ?

Marc

Comment

Marc,

I will ask Rick if he knows about something that may be undocumented; that is the only thing that I can think of. But, even so, I have never crossed that pathway here, so who knows.

Craig

Comment

Marc,

I wonder if "Caps lock on" could do that?

Craig

Comment

Craig,

Caps Lock doesn't seem to have an affect that I can see.

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

hmmm - I still do not know what it could be. Hopefully, someone will have an idea here. It does not seem that Rick knows what it could be.

Craig

ps - I do not know anything about your sound-card - - - but it might be a good idea to "checkbox" the "Re-Initialize on Play" checkbox in the soundcard preferences section of the Diamond Cut Preferences area of the software. That does not seem to match your systems symptoms, but, who knows.
              Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-13-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Group,

Well, I can't make the problem happen again. On my wife's system, she had the keyboard "lock up" recently....Both systems, hers and mine had a "big" windows update with the usual restart needed after upgrade message. After the restart, my wife's system was as normal as any software thing is.

My audio system went through the same big upgrade at the time that the Hot keys stopped working...so, seems like a Microsoft thing at this time.

I was just checking as maybe there is a Diamond Cut Hot Key On/Off switch that I didn't know about ?

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

Ok - keep us in the loop - - -

Craig

Comment

Working...
                  X