You Tube Video Shows Manual Declicking Process using DC8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Tube Video Shows Manual Declicking Process using DC8

I found this video on the net which shows a manual de-clicking process that was used to clean remove the clicks on a record. It is at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_560sd7_HM

Craig
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 06-18-2020, 10:59 AM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Thanx.
    Anyway lack of explanations during this clip doesn't help too much in understanding what he/she is doing

Comment

When I clicked on the link, I saw DC8 being used to analyze the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmeran voices. Interesting. I wondered it it was being used in the trial when I first heard about the phone calls and they said a forensic audio expert from New Jersey; I do not know why that showed up in the video, however.

Craig
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-12-2013, 07:45 AM.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi,

The person who made the video is using the EZ Impulse filter selectively on portions of the file in fast edit mode. As for DC8 being used in the Trayvon Martin/George Zimmerman case, I am aware that it was used by at least three experts to clean up audio and analyze it too.

Craig

Comment

Craig,

In the Martin/Zimmerman trial, Tom Owen's testimony was not allowed as was the other audio expert.
          There seemed to be some conflict between the experts and the "new" method that Owen used was not allowed.

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

I can only be very general in my comments. One of three invesitgators that I know of used Forensics8 to attempt to disprove the ability to identify a screaming voice via software while another investigator used it to attempt to prove that it was possible. Ultimately a third investigator broke the tie and declared it not possible given the short length of the scream samples.

In all cases, it is my understanding that the software was used to "clarify" portions of recorded material that were hard to understand.

Craig
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-12-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X