Sample Rate Converter Quality in Batch File Editor Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sample Rate Converter Quality in Batch File Editor Mode

A Question recently was raised about the Sample Rate Converter Quality when operating in Batch mode. When operating in stand-alone mode, the converter offers these options:

CD Quality

Pro Quality

Master Quality

The highest quality is Master Quality and uses the most sophisticated interpolation algorithm at the expense of increased processed time.

In the batch file editor mode, no choice is provided to the user. The system uses the Master Quality (the highest quality) algorithm, it just takes a little longer to process compared to the alternative quality choices.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

If only "little longer" why we need two others Craig?

Comment

Well, "little" to some may be "a lot" to others. I think that it is a legacy thing more than anything from back in the days when CPU chips were slower. Nonetheless, it is an option that some people with older processors may want to have, so we have kept it for the users to decide, except in the batch processor. In batch processor mode, we feel that nobody would care since the processing is being done "offline" so to speak when the user is not there and/or doing something else.

Craig
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
      X