"play from here" stops working after pausing while editing wave file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "play from here" stops working after pausing while editing wave file

title pretty much says it all. Was wondering if this is normal or if there is a workaround. Maybe I didn't search this properly but I came up with nada. I'm using win7 64 bit with mucho ram and an I7 cpu. Only thing I've been able to do to get it back is to shut down and reload.

Thanks

Is this in fast edit or classic edit mode(s) or both? I guess pausing means something like hitting the spacebar or via a player icon.

Please advise,

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Me Too

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
      Is this in fast edit or classic edit mode(s) or both? I guess pausing means something like hitting the spacebar or via a player icon.

Please advise,

Craig
      It happens to me when in classic mode. To keep going, I'll highlight the area to continue from,to the end of the wav & + magnify it.....or close down & reboot. It is a frequent occurence.
      "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

If you switch to fast-edit mode, does it do it there too?

Craig

Comment

If you switch to fast-edit mode, does it do it there too?

Craig
          Hi,

Will try tomorrow & let you know.
          "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Hi,

I have been trying to reproduce this without success. I must be doing something differently. Can you give me an exact step by step procedure that creates the bug? Please include what editing step is done after the pause step of the process. Also, include the sample rate of the file, the bit depth (resolution) and whether it's stereo or mono. Lastly, what driver type is being used (MME or WDM).

Thanks,

Craig
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-01-2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

So far, no problems working in quick mode. "Play From Here" glitch seems to occur in classic mode after impulse cleaning & CNF. My next step is to manually interpolate. After magnifying the affected area, interpolating, then reducing to a former area, the "PFH" problem frequently occurs. I'll be mindful of workflow & provide more detailed info.

Comment

Thanks for helping to narrow it down. I would still like to match your sample rate, bit depth and stereo vs mono. It might also be interesting to know the soundcard driver type you are using (found under the preferences/soundcard menu).

Craig

Comment

Thanks for helping to narrow it down. I would still like to match your sample rate, bit depth and stereo vs mono. It might also be interesting to know the soundcard driver type you are using (found under the preferences/soundcard menu).

Craig
                  Hi,
                  hope this info helps.

Sample Bit = 24/44.1
                  Direct X(WDM) - 7 Buffers
                  Juli@ Audio
                  Re-Initialize not checked

Comment

Hi,

Does it display the bug with re-initialize checked? Also, does it show this bug with 16 bit files rather than 24 bit files? Are the files stereo or mono or does it not matter?

Craig

Comment

Hi,

Does it display the bug with re-initialize checked? Also, does it show this bug with 16 bit files rather than 24 bit files? Are the files stereo or mono or does it not matter?

Craig
                      I'll activate re-initialize & try a few 16 bit files... am doing stereo only for now, but certainly can work in mono & see how it goes.

Comment

I think that I may see it now - - - I had been using the spacebar instead of the "pause" button. What I see is that after one Play From Here, and then pause it, I can not "Play from Here" at another location in the file. Is that the bug?

Craig

Comment

I think that I may see it now - - - I had been using the spacebar instead of the "pause" button. What I see is that after one Play From Here, and then pause it, I can not "Play from Here" at another location in the file. Is that the bug?

Craig
                          I think so....The space bar is working for me, the bug is occuring when I use the pause button instead of it.

Comment

Pretty sure that I am seeing the bug; we will have to figure out why it is doing that and fix it.

Thanks

Craig

Comment

Hi - I have this problem also. The program seems spontaneously to stop allowing me to "Play from here". I shut down the program after saving my work and then restart it. That mostly clears up the problem. Am I glance hitting another key which sets this off? Hope you can help - and also with another problem: program quitting spontaneously in the midst of an editing session. This is more serious as I lose all my work since the last save> A royal PIA that costs me time and aggravation as I have to reconstruct a whole slew of edits, since these are not saved when I relaunch the program. Used to happen in v.8 but now starting up in v.8.5. No fun.

Eric

Comment

Working...
                              X