DC8 not recognizing CD drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC8 not recognizing CD drive

Apologies if this has been discussed before - new to the forum, though I have been using DC almost since it began..
    My problem is ripping CDs. I run a classical music label and vintage recordings collection and use Nero and studio editors, but sometimes, to save time, want to rip tracks to DC direct, in order to remaster etc, perhaps from old dubs. I'm now on DC8.5.
    When trying to rip, a box comes up saying "ERROR: Could not find any CD Drives in the system.". If I click ok, the rip dialog box opens, but with no drives available in the selection field.
    I have two CD/DVD drives which all other software from proprietary to professional can find with no problem. Any ideas??

Thanks
    Stephen Sutton

I had heard of this once before. All I remember about it is that Nero was "hogging" the drive, so to speak. In other words, it sets itself up as the primary drive to the exclusion of other software programs. I do not know how it is rectified, but I recall that it had something to do with hardware settings in the Control Panel. Wish I could tell you more about it, but it is an unusual situation.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Thanks Craig, I'll check that out. It doesn't prevent any other software from accessing the drive, I use Windows Media, Plextor, and a variety of studio software progs as well.

Comment

No Joy..... nothing I can find which is picking Nero as the allocated software for the drives - just also checked Roxio software suite and that's OK too.

Comment

Sorry - I do not know what it could be. It is unusual from what I can tell. Maybe someone else has an idea about it here on the forum. Let's see what happens

Craig
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hi Stephen

The problem may be with DC Tune Library. Do you have it open when this occurs? That is when I routinely see this error.

If I open DC Forensics 10 Tune library, The drive immediately becomes invisible to DC Forensics 10 CD Ripper and some other programs which use the drive.
            As soon as I close Tune Library the DC Forensics 10 Ripper and the other programs can see the drive, even if DC Forensics 10 remains open. The conflict appears to be with the Tune Library vs the DC CD Ripper and other programs.

The Tune Library also has a conflict with Windows remote desktop which may be related to this issue.
            I run a separate computer with DC8.5 and use it with windows remote desktop to play music through my stereo system. As soon as I open DC 8.5 Tunes Library remotely, DC 8.5 crashes.
            The exact same crash happens with DC Forensics 10 if I am using remote desktop to access the computer running it and attempt to open Tune Library.
            If I start the Tune library before initiating a remote session, the problem with the crash does not happen.
            Only when a remote session is already in progress and I attempt to open DC Tune Library does this crash occur.

I have run DC products by remote desktop since DC6 and all other functions work exactly as expected.

I am using Windows 7.

Dub

Dub: to mix (recorded sound or videotape from different sources) into a single recording

Comment

Working...
            X