Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtone Synthesizer or VVA Harmonic Enhancer 3

Craig;

Please discuss the differences between the Overtone Synthesizer set at about a 5000 Hz threshold and the VVA in Harmonic Enhancer 3 [Evens only] mode usage [Spectrum = Sweet].

It seems to me these processes should be essentially equivalent, but there is a clear difference in harmonics when looking at the spectrum analyzer.

I have found these to be among the most useful tools to use, even with new recordings...

Phil

Hi,

There may be an incorrect syntax in the software The VVA in exciter mode creates odds and even products of the exciting signal. In Evens only positon, the process produces dominently Evens, but Odds also. In the opposite position, it produces mostly odds. The control adjust the ratio of the odds to evens but never produces only evens. The Overtone harmonic synth produces only evens above the set corner frequency. The subharmonic synth produces only even halfs of the exciting frequency.

Craig

ps - the VVA fat bass also produces both evens and odds or odds only of the bass notes. It can not produce evens only based on the physics of the way that a valve (tube) works.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
    X