Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Enhancement

Hello

I suspect that my phone is tapped using the pizeoelectric buzzer.
    More on how this is done is discussed here:
    https://www.schneier.com/blog/archiv...ropping_i.html

There's so much noise on this audio that I can't filter it out. A series of filtering and then amplifying and I can vaguely hear the audio.

The tapped phone audio is here:
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...VRJSUQwZi1wRWc

And the target audio is here:
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...y16emVzdXRNcHc

The first ten seconds of the phone audio, I tried to keep the room silent. At ten seconds I began playing the target audio.

Can anyone help me extract the target audio from the phone tap recording?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-10-2019, 03:13 PM.

Hi,

Please tell us what Diamond Cut Software you are using so that any preset that we make will be compatible with your system. Is it DC8 or Forensics8.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
      Hi,

Please tell us what Diamond Cut Software you are using so that any preset that we make will be compatible with your system. Is it DC8 or Forensics8.

Craig
      Hello Craig

Unfortunately I don't have the Diamond-Cut software. I ran a google search for "audio forensic forum" and this forum came up.

I was not even aware of this software product. I've been using the freeware xxxxxxx to filter the noise with no success.

I updated the link with the latest recording - I had previously uploaded an incorrect file.
      Are you able to extract intelligible audio from the file?

Many Thanks!
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-11-2014, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Hi,

You can download a demo version of the Forensics8 software from our website located at www.diamondcut.com. Free non-Forensics audio software has very little chance of producing usable results on tough Forensics audio problems.

The free demo version runs for 15 days, so you can put that on your computer and experiment. I have not listened to your files at this point in time.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier View Post
          Hi,

You can download a demo version of the Forensics8 software from our website located at www.diamondcut.com. Free non-Forensics audio software has very little chance of producing usable results on tough Forensics audio problems.

The free demo version runs for 15 days, so you can put that on your computer and experiment. I have not listened to your files at this point in time.

Craig
          Thanks Craig. I'll have a look. But all this audio stuff is foreign to me.
          I can't make heads or tails of the different functions. I just understood amplifiy and filter.

Would you mind having a look at the audio file?

Comment

Hi,

I will look at it after or vacation is over. Right now, my wife and I are in Cape May and will be there for a while longer (next week). One needs a good audio system coupled with some time to get these things right. Here, I just have a laptop and a wife who would not approve of such a project right now.

Craig
            Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-12-2014, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks.
              Enjoy your vacation!

I look forward to hearing from you on your return.

Comment

Working...
              X