computor will not save temporary files in D.C.8 forensics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computor will not save temporary files in D.C.8 forensics

I've got a problem with D.C.8 not saving the temporary files it makes when you do some action with the program..What I get is Error could not rename the file in the temp folder.I've tried to get the temporary files to go to a new folder using the preference set up in the edit section. Another problem is that I lose the Sound of the file when this happens. Any ideas anybody.I re-installed the program but this has not altered anything.help would be much appreciated cos I've got a bundle of 78s to clean.

The only thing that I can think of is that the edit/preferences/drive and directory for temp files is not a valid path. Check that and/or set up a different and a known good path and see what happens. btw - what is the operating system and is it DC8 forensics or is it DC8 (they are different programs).

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Hiya Craig, The OS is DC8 forensics I have changed the path, it works for a couple of operations and then reverts back to the error being shown, and not being able to play the sound after the last operation. but it works ok to the end of cleaning and the cleaning operations are there at the end when I save the file. So I think I'll leave it alone , maybe it's a windows 10 problem but the result is fine and that's what counts. Rog

Comment

I will hazard a guess that your hard drive may be in the process of failing. Consider checking your drive. Also, consider upgrading to DCForensics10 which has been thoroughly tested on Win10. The special is for $250.00 up til Aug 31.

Craig
        Last edited by Craig Maier; 08-26-2016, 09:14 AM.

Comment

It was computer cleaning software causing the problem. I have taken it off and now everything is back to normal, thanks Craig. Rog

Comment

Hi Rog,

Thanks for the feedback on the issue. Maybe it will be of help to others who may experience the same issue in the future.

Craig

Comment

Rog,

​Curious...what is computer cleaning software ?

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc, it was something like CCleaner, but not this one.what it does is clear your drive of all the junk it collects over time. Rog

Comment

Working...
                X