Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo in Forensics 8.50

Hi, Craig -

You may already know this, but I just noticed when I launched DC 8.50 Forensics, that there is a type in the top left corner of the display window. Please see attached graphic image.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DC Forensics8.jpg Views:	1 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	42811
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-29-2019, 05:00 PM.
    John

Hi John,

Wow - - - we have looked at that screen a million times and never noticed that. Maybe it's time for all of us here to get new glasses!

Thanks,

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Sometimse our brani juts lest those typso silp by.
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Hi Dan,

Cracked me up! Yeah, that is so true. Well put. We shall fix it.

Craig

Comment

Proof read first

Comment

I was once told by an experienced technical document writer that once written, the writer will only find typos during the first review. Reviews after that by the writer will not render the errors to be apparent; the document needs to be read by a different person to assure quality. The only alternative, I was told, is to read a document a second time, but to read it backwards. I tried that once a long time ago, and indeed, it did reveal to the writer (me) more errors than would not have otherwise been found. But, it sure is hard to do and totally content confusing. All you get are the typos, but not the syntax.

And NEVER use a global search, find and change command in a word processor!!!

Craig

Craig

Comment

And interestingly, I just noticed that I typed "typo" as "type". But I figure typos in my comments are of less importance than the banner of a brand name.

I remember when I was in the US Army stationed in Germany as part of what was called the "Marne Division", they had put out a lot of tchochkes to encourage folks to re-enlist. The motto that was supposed to go on all these coffee mugs, frisbees, etc., was "Re-enlist, stay Marne". Instead, they said "Re-enlist, stay Marine". The Marines loved it, but that didn't play so well with the Army, which was the intended audience. Fun times.
              John

Comment

Tbat's pretty funny!

Craig

Comment

Over the summer, the local grocery store had the slogan "Highly Satisfying You is Our #1 Priority" only they put it on T-shirts, where it didn't fit, so it said
                  Highly Satisfying (in big letters)

Then in smaller letters, down the back of the shirt it said

You Is Our #1 Priority

It wasn't exactly a typo, but looked like someone needed grammar lessons!
                  Dan McDonald

Comment

I hope that they did not make too many T-shirts that way!

Comment

They were all wearing them for about 2 weeks and then I think they sort of realized how bad it looked. I haven't seen any for several months now.
                      Dan McDonald

Comment

Collector items!

Comment

Working...
                        X