No announcement yet.

100 Hz Peak in Noise Print?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spectral subtraction can be used, but it may damage signals out of the band of interest (outside of the hum frequencies - - - usually which are 60/180 Hz. I would use the Harmonic reject filter with the number of harmonics set to the minimum number to do the job. Often, I set it for 60 Hz and two odd harmonics and that does the trick for me (assuming it is ground loop induced hum).

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I looked around on the net and found this item. It is called a "Pureformer Audio Hum Eliminator" made by JK Audio, Inc. In fact, it is an set of audio isolation transformers in one box (so only one unit is needed for stereo). It is a 600 Ohm to 600 Ohm transformer pair (unitygain). It is a ground loop isolator (but I would not agree that it is a Hum Eliminator since it will not remove hum if it is present on the source signal - - - that is what the software program can do, but not this box). I do not have personal experience with this unit, but this does appear to be a decent unit since its published specifications are as follows:

1:1 ratio at 600 Ohms

20 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 0.1 dB

Insertion Loss: 0.8 dB

Level: 250 mV RMS (-10 dBu)

Isolation: 1500 Volts RMS

Input / Output Configuration: RCA Type (4 total)

Price: $65.55

And, here is the link:

http://www.markertek.com/product/pur...all%20products

Craig

Note: JK Audio, Inc. is not affiliated with Diamond Cut Productions, Inc.
      Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-18-2017, 04:08 PM.
      "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Definitely gonna give that one a look. Thanks. I'll set up a second thread so I can show you what I'm dealing with. In the spectrogram, I have several horizontal bands of varying intensity. The most intense one appears to be the 60Hz hum, but there are others all throughout the file, and they seem to correspond to the odd harmonics. I also wanna include my Humbuster settings to see if there's any insight you could give me on how to fine tune it.

Comment

Working...
        X