Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC8 Live Preview is choking,,,

Hi!
    I use DC8 Live Preview with the multi filter configured with custom presets for listening to 78's, Recently a crash (and burn!) of the power supply on my old PC forced me to migrate everything to a much newer laptop, The laptop is all-around more powerful than the old PC, yet Live Preview is extremely glitchy now in the new setup. The preset I usually use has 8 filters running. The PC was Windows XP. The newer laptop is Windows 10. I've shut down all background apps and services that I can think of, but so far it's still mostly unlistenable. It has hiccups, repeats, and speed (not pitch) variations. I've also adjusted the buffer count for the sound card in preferences but unfortunately that showed no improvement. Does anyone have suggestions I might try?

David

I think that it all comes down to CPU speed and buffer size. 8 filters can be a very heavy drain on CPU resources, depending on what they are and what their parameters are set to.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Based on my personal experiences, as I have upgraded system few times (from XP to 10 and back), the best results are always on XP - I am talking about speed.
      Newer PCs have got more processor power but also the new system needs such power for more and more tasks working in the background.
      Just my two cents.

Comment

That is quite possible. A newer operating system does not necessarily mean a faster (more efficient) operating system.

Craig
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X