DC Tunes Threshold for Next Song ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC Tunes Threshold for Next Song ?

This is a real minor item, but, I have some time today so....

When I am using DC Tunes, the software will automatically move to the next song if you are playing songs in the library, or in a playlist. What determines the level of the music that tells the player to stop playing the song and move to the next one ? What is happening to me, is that the very last part of a song is not played because the software has decided that the song is over and then starts to play another one.

Minor...but at first I thought that I had edited some of the end of my music because that last part where the level drops down was skipped and the next song started ? Therefore, I suspect that the "threshold" detector for "end of song" is set just a little too high and I'm wondering if it's adjustable somewhere.

Marc

I am not aware of a threshold parameter involved in that part of the DCTunes Library. Also, I have not seen this occur. But, one thing that I always do is to add 1 second at the beginning of every restoration and 1 second at the end so that there are no transitional issues when playing tunes. Not sure if that helps. Try adding that 1 second on each side of a few tunes and see if the problem goes away. It would be a good litmus test.

Craig
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Craig,

While I did not try that method, I do add a one second pause around songs when I make a CD (option in the CD software). My CD's play right to the end, whereas the songs in the DC tunes will lose a slight amount when played with another one following.

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc
        Might be the related to the problem we had in beta. The file length was wrong for me also.

http://www.diamondcut.com/vforum/for...tly-in-dctunes

Are you playing MP3s? And if so were they encoded with DC8/lame?
        D
        Last edited by dbanani; 04-01-2017, 02:13 PM.
        Dub: to mix (recorded sound or videotape from different sources) into a single recording

Comment

D (of dbanani),

They were wav type files.

Marc

Comment

I do not know if this will help, but after I restore my songs, I always go back and add 1 sec of silence at the beginning and also 1 sec of silence at the end of the .wav files. I do that before the burn process.

Craig
            "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
            X