"Wave device open" Error Message. Can not play file recorded by DC Art Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wave device open" Error Message. Can not play file recorded by DC Art Mill

I downloaded the latest try & buy version of DC Art Millennium.
    I have a Dell Dimension 8100 (P4) w/ 768MB RAM, WinXP & SB Audigy 2 ZS. I am using a Stanton STR8-80 turntable (which has an S/P-DIF output) connected to the S/P-DIF input of the Audigy 2 ZS front panel.
    When I play an LP, it comes out fine on the speakers.
    When I use DC Mill to record, the VU meters show activity, and I get "squigels" on the main display of the DC Mill screen. At the end of the recording, I press stop, and then <save> the file.
    When I try to play or preview the file from DC Mill, I get a Windows error message dialog box titled [Wave open device] with the text "The specified format is not supported or cannot be translated. Use the Capabilities function to determain the supported format".
    When I try to play the file in the Real Networks "Real One" player, I get the same error message.
    I have checked the SB setting, and the S/PDIF-in reports "20 bit, stereo, 44100Hz" when the turntable is running, but I can not select 20bit recording in DC Mill, it forces me to use 24bit recording.
    I downloaded the latest drivers from the SB site, and that makes no difference.
    I can record using the Windows Sound Recorder and the resulting .WAV file is fine - every program plays it Okay.

DC Mill looks like a nice product, but I can't tell for sure without an answer to this problem.
    ticedoff@hotmail.com
    DaveB

Re: \"Wave device open\" Error Message. Can not play file recorded by DC Art Mill

It sounds like your soundcard does not support 20 bit recording.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
    X