Help with Mastering LPs to CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Mastering LPs to CD

Possibly someone could offer some advice or a referral.

I have a neighbor two doors down who ?Tech Jacks? me from time to time. She is a sweet lady who is involved with NJ Performing Arts Center.

She has 12 LPs about 25 years old in varying conditions and would like to have them mastered into CDs. I set up her computer and helped through some problems in the past. If I have her buy Craig and Rick?s software, (which I am sure works great), I will be the one over her home, fooling with her sound card and adjusting needles on her turntable.

Would anyone know of a person or company who would be willing to master and burn her LPs to CDs for a ?reasonable? price? She is not looking for perfection in the quality. She simply wants to get the CDs, make copies on her burner and send them to her kids who have enjoyed these albums as children. We both are in Montclair, NJ near Montclair University.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Help with Mastering LPs to CD

http://www.lp2cd.com looks like they'll do the trick. It's about $20-30 per LP, depending on whether they do any restoration work for you or not.

I have no experience with them, so can't vouch for their quality, but they talk a good job... Hope this helps.

[ 12-19-2002, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: DennyMo ]

Comment

If the New York Performing Arts Center is non-profit, and the restorations will be used by the Center, I will do the restoration at "No Charge"; however, the records will become my property, when the job is complete. I tend to be a perfectionest?....if the records are in really bad shape, I will return the record in question, along with a disc containing the best restoration I can do. You may put your friend in direct contact with me if you desire. My E-mail is: janderson238@comcast.net. Best regards

Comment

Did you find someone to do your lp to cd conversions? If not I can do it.
        richard.barber@sungard.com

Comment

Working...
        X