Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Scratch Noises

Hello All,

An LP I've just restored had a deep scratch resulting in the usual loud sharp tick noise every turntable revolution....momentarily meters all the way up. By using the impulse filter, the noise has been brought down to a flat, barely audible level, but it's there, daring me to get rid of it....if possible. Craig, I want you to know that you're completely responsible for my latest addiction(Restoration). Thank you.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 05-01-2019, 11:36 AM.
    "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

What does the remainder of this sound like? Is it a "thud?" Or is it more like a "tick?"
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Loud Scratch Noises

they're ticks
      "You earthlings are all fools, fools, fools, do you hear me ..." Plan 9 From Outer Space

Comment

Then I would try running another pass of the Impuse Filter to get the residual noise.

Comment

Loud Scratch Noises

Ran Impulse Filter w/Early Shellac 78 RPM settings only on the affected areas, that did the trick...experiment, experiment, experiment.

Comment

That's good news - - - glad to hear that it worked out.

Comment

Today, I would recommend the use of the "Big Click Filter" which is designed for just such a situation.

Craig

Comment

Working...
              X