Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equalization Curves

Sorry, but here?s a long-winded question:
    I have a good number of British HMV (EMI) ?78s? 1951-55 vintage, of which the original recorded content was taped by US RCA Victor. Would the British masters for discs have been made from the tapes, or would HMV have used RCA Victor masters to press the discs? If RCA tapes were used to make British masters, I take it that the speed is 78rpm and the turnover frequency is 250 Hz ? correct? If the HMV discs were pressed from RCA Victor masters then the speed is 78.26rpm and the turnover frequency is 500 Hz ? correct? Is there any equalization in the high frequency end of the recordings of latter-day 78s?
    Can anyone enlighten me as to which method HMV used in the mid-fifties to make masters from imported material?
    I also need to know similar information regarding equalization curves and masters used for British 10? 33 1/3 rpm LPs 1950-1955 (US RCA Victor material) i.e., prior to RIAA being the adopted British standard (is the exact date known?).
    Thanks for any help.
    Malcolm

[This message has been edited by Malcolm (edited 09-26-2002).]
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-23-2019, 07:26 PM.

Re: Equalization Curves

I do not know the answer to your post, but I wanted to reply just to bump it up to the top again so maybe someone will give it another look.

Rick

Comment

Re: Equalization Curves

Rick, thanks for the "bump"!
      malcolm

Comment

Working...
      X