Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Presets

Craig,

I am not a sound engineer or even very experienced with the iner workings of recordings - such as RIAA curves, turnover and the like. Nevertheless I continue to get excellent results with Millennium using some sweat & common sense.

What would REALLY help me and I am sure others who are not professionals in the field, would be simple [not TOO simple, mind you] explanations for all the different presets you guys have made available in the program.

Some are quite obvious, of course, but others are Greek to me [here's where the sweat comes in] and require a good bit of trial and error. I realize such a project would mean a lot of dog-work on your part but hell, I would surely pay for a technical document like that if you were to offer it on your website. Not to mention the fact it would be of immeasurable help to folks like me.

Tony
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-15-2020, 10:31 AM.

Re: Thoughts on Presets

We are in the process of creating the next generation of the product presently. We have a total of around 400 presets at this point in time, and we will try to do a better job of describing the more esoteric ones. However, some of the terminology can be found in the Glossary of Terms in the Users Guide. Lastly, we are planning to create a system in the next version of the software to allow users to share presets via this bulletin board. Do you think that is a good idea?
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 03-15-2020, 10:32 AM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

I think the idea of sharing presets is a great one. Are you talking about just a little area where you can upload and download them? I think that would be best as if it just connects people to other people and they have to exchange them via email, etc. it puts a lot of burden on the people who create them, so there is a negative incentive for contributing, but if you just have to upload one time, then it's easy and convenient for everyone.

An excellent idea.

Dan McDonald
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Yes - I concur, that would be an excellent idea, Craig but some nice explanations of the ones you already have would still be really helpful.

Right now I'm off to do six LP's of oldies!

Tony.

Comment

Working...
        X