Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Large wave file with multiple tracks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Large wave file with multiple tracks.

I have a large live concert vinyl with multiple cuts (bands), but with no true breaks. I would like to be able to flag these songs such that the player identifies them as separate tracks instead of one large one.

I tried futzing with markers, but it didn't work.

Can this be done with Millennium/Live without making separate files?

Re: One Large wave file with multiple tracks.

The player needs to see separate tracks. Set markers and use the "chop it up" function to break the file up. When you record to CD, make sure you use DAO, which then eliminates the 2s gap between tracks (I always record DAO. If I need to increase the gap, I use "Paste>Silence from DC). Some recording s/w allows you to fine-tune the gap between tracks, but this is the exception.

Comment

Also, before you burn the CD, make sure you "Quantize for CD" each file. Otherwise, you can sometimes get a very slight click between tracks, even burning DAO.

Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

Thanks for your posts. It's too late for that project, since I had already burned the CD before posting. It didn't matter that much for that one. However, now I know how to accomplish this the next time.

After you mentioned DAO, I vaguely remembered some statement in the old Easy CD Creator Deluxe manual about eliminating the two second gap. It just got lost in the cob webs of my mind.

Comment

Working...
        X