Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC/Chipset

Hi guys

Its been a long time that I haven't posted. I just bought a new PC with a Asus A7V8X-X motherboard. This board has onboard sound [I know, I know!] and uses the Soundmax AD1980 driver and I am trying to get it working with my copy of Millennium.

The prob is that although I can hear the music just fine thouugh my PC speakers - meaning I am getting input to the sound card - Millennium has a big problem capturing the audio. I have to turn the output gain on my mixer real far up and still the capturing is very very choppy and not in any way acceptable.

So my question is - is Millennium causing this or is it the motherboard sound config? I am, of course, aware that I can easily re-install my old sound card to solve the problem but I just dont always like to take the easy way out especially when I think something is solvable.

Thanks
    Tony
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 07-05-2019, 04:22 PM.

Solution

Thanks to all the good folks who read my post.

I managed to solve the problem quite easily - embarrassingly so - by simply re-installing Millennnium. And by that I mean just doing a 'Repair' from the installation menu. It apparently 'reattached' itself to the audio driver and everything began to work perfectly.

Maybe this experience may help someone with a similar problem.

Ciao

Comment

Working...
    X