Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serverely Distorted Audio

Hi all,

I've got a recording here and the audio is serverely distorted. The speaker's voice is very soft, you cannot hear it properly, and there is quite alot of hissing/background noise etc..

How can I amplify the vocals? I know how to reduce the hissing etc. I just have problems with actually being able to hear the speaker.

Im using Dcart Millenium. Thanks in Advanced.

I will post up a sample on request.
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 04-30-2019, 10:20 AM.

From your description, this is more like a Forensic type audio file. Millennium is not optimized for Forensics work; the Live/Forensics version is, but is much more costly. Given that, you should still be able to enhance or improve the sound somewhat using Millennium. After the signal is relatively clean, try using the Dynamics Processor "Telephone Near-Far Party Compensation" preset in order to even out variations in sound level. Check out this link wherein this topic has been discussed recently relating to the Millennium product:

http://www.diamondcut.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=1737
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 01-08-2006, 01:49 PM.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Maier
      From your description, this is more like a Forensic type audio file. Millennium is not optimized for Forensics work; the Live/Forensics version is, but is much more costly. Given that, you should still be able to enhance or improve the sound somewhat using Millennium. After the signal is relatively clean, try using the Dynamics Processor "Telephone Near-Far Party Compensation" preset in order to even out variations in sound level. Check out this link wherein this topic has been discussed recently relating to the Millennium product:

http://www.diamondcut.com/vforum/showthread.php?t=1737
      Hiya mate,

Thanks, very beneficial! I'll give them a try.
      If I had the to forensic tools (DC6/Forensics), what would i need to do in order to restore the audio ? And what type of results could I achieve ?

Thanks.

Comment

I always go for the Forensic AFDF (Adaptive Frequency Domain Filter) found under the CNF first. 80 percent of the time, that filter does the trick all by itself. If not, then I go to the TDAF (Time Domain Adaptive Filter - - - simply called "Adaptive Filter under the Forensic Menu). If that does not work, then I know that I have a bunch of work to do with various other filters like the 32,000 band spectral filter, and so forth.
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
        X