mp3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3

cant say enough about mp3 support simply coverting the mp3 to wave seems klunky!

how about direct mp3 processing i would love to not have to wait for large 80 minute mp3 transfer to wave takes a pentium 4 to its limits for a few minutes
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 10-29-2019, 08:19 PM.

Re: mp3

All of the Diamond Cut routines are optimized for very high performance audio (ie. up to 24 bit and up to 96 KHz Sampling rates.) MP3 audio is at the opposite end of the audio performance spectrum (read very low performance). None of our high performance algorithms would work with MP3's directly because of the severely compromised nature of lossy compression. So, we did the best that we could with it to at least facilitate MP3's. If you want to work with low performance MP3's directly and processing speed is your primary goal, you should probably be working with a different software program aimed at the lower performance end of the audio market.
    "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Don't nearly all mp3 files start out their life as wave files anyway? Most all that I have seen are ripped from CDs, so it makes more sense to use the wave file.
      Dan
      Dan McDonald

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan McDonald:
        Don't nearly all mp3 files start out their life as wave files anyway? Most all that I have seen are ripped from CDs, so it makes more sense to use the wave file.
        Dan
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That assumes one has the original CD (which contains CD audio data, not wave files).

Comment

Just for the record (pun intended) - - - CD audio data is 44.1 KHz, dual channel 16 bit uncompressed digital. Wave files, of course can vary in bit depth and sampling rate from lower performance to higher performance compared to CD audio data. In any case, MP3 files are of inferior performance to CD (red book) audio. MP3's advantage is that they are much smaller in size, and with that reduction in size, one must pay the price in sound quality. A classic tradeoff.
          "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Working...
          X