Paste-Mix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paste-Mix

Just a quick question about paste - mix.

If you were to paste mix the left channel of a signal to the right channel, would you get the same result as doing a file conversion of mono l+r?

I guess the question is whether past mix is a simple summation or not.

I have mono-sourced material recorded on two channels where one or the other channel varies in level at different times. I was wondering if simply reversing the file and then paste-mixing one file on top of the other would result in anything different from simply adding the two channels together into a mono wave file then making the mono file into a stereo file.

Thanks

Dan McDonald
    Last edited by Craig Maier; 09-30-2019, 11:57 AM.
    Dan McDonald

Re: Paste-Mix

I think I solved the problem. If you take the mono-sourced stereo recording as the destination file and take each one of the original channels at a time as the left channel of a source file (with a blank opposing channel, you can highlight the "good area" on the single-channel source, then select the l=l+r, r=l-r file conversion and it will automatically put the good portion you have selected into the appropriate spot, and, since there is nothing in the right channel, you simply get the appropriate sound put into both channels equally.

If the channels cut out differentially, you have to use each of the channels to get the full clean-up, but it is a lot easier and less tedious than finding cutting and pasting!

Dan
    Dan McDonald

Comment

Working...
    X