Back ground sound removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back ground sound removal

Was wondering if anyone has got any experience in removing back ground sounds in the voice frequencies without affecting the sound? Have tried CN and de-hisser, but haven't been able to come up with a good effect. Would appreciate any help! Thanks

Re: Back ground sound removal

What kind of noise? Something constant, like air conditioning? Or something entirely random, like other people talking? Where in the voice range? The voice range runs from the low hundreds of Hz to the mid thousands of Hz. Are you trying to just get an improvement in intelligibility, for forensic use? Or to get a nearly inaudible background level, for something like film/video use?

Certainly the new Live/Forensic version has more tools for this, but depending on what you are specifically trying to do, an older version might be adequate.

Comment

Actually its like people talking, birds chirping etc. The voice range is from 600 hz to about 2000 hz, which is directly in the voice frequency. Trying to bring out the voice clarity from the recording. Any ideas.....Thanks!

Comment

Is this what one would call a Forensics recording? Is it a surveilance tape or a recorded telephone conversation or something along those lines?
        "Who put orange juice in my orange juice?" - - - William Claude Dukenfield

Comment

Actually it is a voice recording of the same person but in the background there is a lot of disturbance.....

Comment

Assuming that you have the Millennium version, your best shot is going to be with the Continious Noise Filter. You would have a much better shot at cleaning it up with the DC 5, and obviously, the new Live Forensics versions. They have spectral subtraction in the CNF and the Forensics version has an adaptive filter for such problems.

Comment

Will try that thanks.

At the same time, we have got a wav file which is about 4.6 gb in windows NT. However,when we try to open it in DC5, it shows us it is a file of only 700 mb. This opens up to 10 min of audio, whereas our file is about 70 min of audio. Please advise on the same. Thanks

Comment

DC 5 is not supported on Windows NT. See requirements on our site or in the users guide. I am suprised that it runs at all on that platform... There are major problems with the audio WDM drivers in NT, and Microsoft has not kept it up to date.

Comment

Craig,

Actually we are using Win XP Home Edition and not Win NT. Our filesystem is NTFS. We did a 70-min. recording at 24-bit 192kHz which generated a 4.6Gb file.

When we look at the file details in Windows Explorer it is showing 4.6Gb, but when we actually open this (.wav) file in DC5 or even another recording application N-Track Studio, it is only showing up as a 700Mb file and playing only the first ten minutes or so of the recording.

I'm guessing that it has to do with 4Gb filesize limitation on Windows XP platform. Is that correct ? Does DC5 support (.wav) files larger than 4Gb ?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

According to Micrsoft, on the XP platform using FAT 32 you have a limit in file size of 4.6 GByte -1 byte. If you had NTFS it would be 256 Terabytes - 64 K limits. It is likeley that you have this volume set up as FAT 32.

[ 01-31-2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Craig Maier ]

Comment

Our Win XP & DC5 is setup on one 80Gb hard disk and it has NTFS volume. Also we have another 120Gb dedicated data drive which too has NTFS volume.

What about .wav file ? Are there any size limitations for this format ?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

I do not know if a distinction has been made by Microsoft between files in general and .wav.

Comment

enhancing Voice signals

Hi Craig,
                          I m audio enthusiast and a rookie ....
                          I m using DC 6 Live..and forensics demo...I hv a mono 32kbps 8khz voice recording of a lecture in Hall and has lot of room effect...
                          I get the background completely removed with Equaliser by getting most of the sliders to minimum except 1khz....but how to improve the intelligibility of the voice.....in Dc 6 and forensics version I hv applied lot of filters...but to no effect..in Improvement of voice quality.... I can send u the sample if u will....
                          I tried with lot of filters....in forensics it takes a lot of time to process.....but leaves a lot artifacts...muffled noises...and sometimes kills the voice....
                          So plz look at the file and tell me how to improve the file....

Comment

Send a short sample in .wav format to dctools@aol.com and I will take a crack at it.

Comment

Working...
                            X